Junior Pavement Engineer
Vinci (FI), Italy
Overview of Job Function:
The Junior Pavement Engineer is responsible for providing support to the direct Project Manager through oversight and pavement designing knowledge to all aspects of assigned projects, ensuring all work is completed to the required professional standards, within the required timeframes. Tasks include preparation and review of pavement engineering reports for highways, airports, roads and parking lots, proposal preparation for new projects and participation to project management activities including data collection, analysis and report writing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Assist and perform on-site surveys for the evaluation of the structural and functional pavement characteristics.
• Process data acquired during on-site surveys.
• Produce survey reports, technical drawings and presentations on the results of the surveys carried out.
• Support and develop project topics related to the making of road and airport infrastructure
• Master of Science degree in within Pavement Engineering or similar.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to design hydraulic, electrical, robotic, cranes, conveyer, heavy machinery or
• Ability to convey technical concepts in an easily understood manner, both verbally and in writing using clear and concise verbal and written communications
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
• Self-motivated with ability to work under general supervision
• Basic computer skills including Excel, Outlook, MS Project
• Must be able to function in a fast-paced business environment with excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Requires excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to find ways to work under pressure and still make deadlines without sacrificing the integrity of the product or process
• Requires ability to interact professionally with customers and suppliers at all times and under all conditions.
Special Position Requirements:
• Requires travel to customer or supplier as required during all phases of a job.
• Must be able to travel by air.